****** Verkauft *******
Hallo! Anbei ist meine Anzeige fuer meinen 1971 BS1 Spider in Positanogelb. Der Wagen befindet sich in San Jose (Kalifornien) und hat eine dokumentierte Historie vom ersten Besitzer in der Nachbarschaft bis zu mir, dem 3. Besitzer. Dieser Wagen waere ideal fuer den Import nach Europa, da er voellig rostfrei ist und den meiner Meinung nach besten Motor hat (1608cc). Ich kann beim Transport behilflich sein. Ich habe viele Hochaufloesende Bilder und kann auf Wunsch weitere Bilder machen.
1971 Fiat 124 1600 Sport Spider BS1
Positano yellow with black interior and tan top.
This is not your typical Spider you will find for sale – it is definitely one of the best preserved and restored 124 I have ever seen anywhere and this condition is reflected in the asking price. The car was professionally appraised at $12500 in March 2004. It has been driven less than 1500 miles since then and was always garaged under a car cover.
8th BS1 Spider built – 1608cc engine. Very rare early BS1 without the “power bulges” on the original hood. The hood has never been changed – the car came like that from the factory. Since it is a 1971, it is not saddled with the horrible bumper overriders or the heavy and ugly later generation bumpers nor does it have the power-sapping smog equipment. Original California car with complete service, ownership, and maintenance history. I am the 3rd owner. This is the 4th Spider I have owned so I know these cars pretty well. The ORIGINAL dash has not a single crack – did you ever see a spider without cracks around the air vents? The condition is amazing. No rust whatsoever (see pics). Detailed engine bay. Very nice paint and chrome, excellent interior. Starts, runs, drives, stops and steers better than any Spider I have ever driven. I was blown away when I first saw it and bought it on the spot. Unfortunately, I don’t have much opportunity to drive it (as evidenced by the puny mileage I have put on it) so I am letting it go. Everything is there – the kick panels in front, the side covers in the back, the top cover for when the top is down, original manual, radio, toolkit, jack, spares, shop manual, … Unfortunately, the car has a chrome luggage rack on the trunk – I personally don’t like these things but most Spiders have them and it is a period accessory. The tires have under 5k miles on them.
The total mileage is about 205k Miles now.
An incomplete list of the work that has been performed on the car over the years (have all receipts and paperwork):
- 8/84 114k complete engine overhaul
- 7/90 140k transmission and clutch ($1k)
- 9/90 145k top end overhaul ($1k)
- 8/93 169k trailing arms and wheel bearings ($700)
- 10/93 new top ($500)
- 10/93 repaint in original color and new windscreen ($1.8k)
- 8/94 177k front end partial rebuild ($400)
- 10/94 small rear collision – repaint, new gas tank and trunk lid (3.8k)
- 3/96 187k new differential and rear shocks ($1.1k)
- 4/98 200k front end rebuild ($1.2k)
- 9/98 200k new carpet, seats and center console ($500)
- 1/04 custom brazilian walnut dashboard ($450)
No car is perfect so here are the few known issues – none of them major:
- Some small cracks in the front turning light covers (I simply couldn’t find the original all yellow replacements)
- Original air horns activate (compressor comes on) but previous owner got paint on the diaphragm so no sound
- Non-period 90’s Kenwood radio installed (original radio comes with the car)
- Locking levers for the front quarter windows need to be re-glued
- Couple of small paint flaws from normal use (have pics)
- Window wiper interval control rheostat is not working (wiper still has the normal 2 speeds)
- Some wear on the chrome door sill covers
- No clock installed – wood dash doesn’t have an opening for it (original working clock is included)
- Heater blower motor is noisy
I have plenty of hi-res pictures of the car.
Hier ein Photoalbum auf Yahoo Photos.